Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Modern Mamahood: A Mother is Born!

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
- Rajneesh

As a follow up to my post last week, I just tripped over the quote above and it hit me in the right place (the soul) at the right time (when I should be working).

It's so beyond words how hard it is to explain the moment we become a mother and then each of the moments that follow as we grow into that role. I pondered so much while pregnant what being a mom would be like, I asked every mom I knew, and there is just no way to grasp the concept until you're right in the thick of it.

The most exciting part of this quote for me is the bit about finding something absolutely new that never existed. Speak on it! As a mother I'm patient, where as a woman only, I'm really not anything close to that.

What have you discovered within you that you had no idea existed until you became a mother? Embrace the fact that you have naturally created a version of yourself specifically for your little one(s) to depend on, grow from and love.

Now if I can just figure out how to get that patience to trickle over into the rest of my lifestyle...

The Modern Mamahood Column on the Ladies Lotto Blog:
As our Ladies Lotto community grows and evolves, we now have quite a few mamas and mamas-to-be! The LL Modern Mamahood weekly column presents the issues and products related to being a Ladies Lotto Mama. Blogger: Lana Perry

No comments: