Besides the obvious suspects (diapers, wipes, bottles, food), here are some items you may want to add to your most likely already too heavy and bulky diaper bag!
For the germ-cautious:
- Hand Sanitizer - A staple these days! But check out this baby-safe, non-toxic version by BabyGanics.
- Paci Protector - Where does the paci go when it's not in baby's mouth? Keep it clean(er) with this cute Pacifier Pocket from Skip Hop.
- Placemat - We love ours from Target. This disposable placemat with cute characters sticks to the table, great for babies who are into finger foods but are too young for their own plate.
- Formula dispenser - For powder formula, use this dispenser to portion out bottles you can prepare on the go. Just add water! These can also double as snack-holders.
- Teething tablets - I wish I'd started using these when she was younger...these homeopathic teeny teething tablets by Hyland's can be found everywhere and work wonders.
- Baby Tylenol - Enough said! Since many stores still don't carry this brand after the big recall, use a generic for the same effect.
- Swim Diapers - These are usually required at public and private pools and work great. Don't forget to pack extras like you would regular diapers.
- Sun Screen - Be prepared for any moment of fun in the sun by packing this skin staple for baby.
The Modern Mamahood Column on the Ladies Lotto Blog:
As our Ladies Lotto community grows and evolves, we now have quite a few mamas and mamas-to-be! The LL Modern Mamahood weekly column presents the issues and products related to being a Ladies Lotto Mama. Blogger: Lana Perry