Friday, August 1, 2008

Female of the Species













In September, NARS launches their Jungle box set with a bright red lipstick, lipliner, and nail polish.

The set is inspired by the 1939 movie, The Women starring Joan Crawford and coincides with the 2008 version of The Women starring a whole smattering of current leading ladies like Bette Midler, Meg Ryan, and Eva Mendes. I'm not the biggest fan of remakes, so we'll see how this modern version fares at the box office.

I am a HUGE fan of the AMC show Mad Men though (Sundays at 10pm, people!), and when I saw the NARS Jungle box set I instantly thought of the ladies of Mad Men and their classic 60's looks.

The style may be conservative, but there's something to be said for the lady-like look paired with sexy red lips and nails. Plus, anyone who watches the show knows that the characters are smooth operators who aren't always what they seem...to which I say, "Welcome to the Jungle."