Friday, August 20, 2010

Laura Warshauer plays the Canal Room in NYC tonight!


Ladies Lotto caught up with New Jersey based singer-songwriter Laura Warshauer before her show in New York City.

What made you get into music and when did you start playing?
I got into music very naturally. I've been singing for as long as I can remember, and my Dad suprised me with an electric guitar at age 12 because he thought it would be great if I could accompany myself. I started writing songs soon after that, inspired by Alanis Morissette's "Ironic" and Joan Osborne's "One of Us".

What's your favorite thing about music?
I love the sense of freedom, self-expression and the ability to connect with people.

Have you come across any challenges as a woman in the music industry?
I've certainly come across a lot of challenges, but they haven't necessarily been because I'm a woman.

Do you have any advice for other women out there trying to make it as musicians?
I think it's important to know who you are and then stay true to that.

You can check out her tunes at her myspace and get tickets to see her live at The Canal Room at 285 West Broadway at Canal Street in New York City tonight!

No comments: