Thursday, October 15, 2009

She's A LLADY: Stacy Horne





How long have you been a Ladies Lotto member and how has it benefited you?


I've only been a member for about 5 months. It's been a great resource for finding talent. I've used it to hook up with a web designer, and it's been great for finding everything from freelance talent to an apartment.

Was show production what you set put to do, or did you have something else in mind and how did you get your start?


Well, I didn't have show production as specific goal, but I knew pretty early on that I wanted to be involved in music. As a student at the University of Massachusetts, I worked in show production as an extracurricular activity. I also interned at a booking agency. Out of college, I worked for an artist management company. From there, one opportunity after another became available and here I am 14 years later. I feel really lucky to have known what area I wanted to be involved in. I love what I do and it's a lot of fun.

How did you become involved with Noise Pop Industries?


I knew Jordan Kurland and I felt that it was time for a break from New York City. I got in touch and it was sort of a right place, right time situation. It was supposed to be a temporary thing, but I've been here for 4 years doing Noise Pop and Treasure Island.

Since you know so well what goes into creating a show, do you still enjoy going to them?

Honestly, I don't enjoy festivals unless I have VIP access (laughs). As for my own productions, I DO like to get into the crowd and see how everything has come together. I'm usually running around, and making sure that things run smoothly, but I have to remind myself to stop and enjoy the music and the fruits of my labor. I'm really lucky in that I get to see firsthand, how much the people enjoy what we've done. It's really very rewarding.

You've primarily done festivals, but would you ever want to produce a large scale tour?


Actually, I have done tours before. I produced the Nintendo Fusion Tour, which involved quite a few big-name acts and hit a lot of cities. Corporate event planning isn't the most fun aspect of the job, but I was really proud of the end results.


You're producing a totally insane, other-worldly festival, and you get to choose 6 acts, dead, alive, together, or defunct to perform. Who's in the lineup?


Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Bruce Springsteen, pj harvey, Janis Joplin, and The Kinks

You covered a lot of ground career-wise. Where else would you like to take things?

I'm really happy where I am. I'm grateful to have work, and work that I enjoy. Ultimately I'd like to do bigger, televised events, half-time shows, and things of that nature. It would be great to see my work reach a broader audience.

No comments: