Thursday, July 23, 2009

Take Part in the Girl Effect...

Picture 4

Coming out of the 6th grade, I was too old for day camp and too young for a job. Thankfully a friend suggested an initiative called The Eureka Teen Achievement Program, a summer camp dedicated to the empowerment and academic encouragement of young women. I spent four summers there, and it was a life-changing experience to know that someone believed that I could do whatever I chose. That program unfortunately is now defunct, but I am SO excited to hear about the Girl Effect. This program, founded by Nike, takes this ideology several steps further. The idea is that if we can raise the standard of living for girls around the world, girls can and WILL be a major agent for change in our global society. Can't argue with that notion! To find out more, visit thegirleffect.org or become a fan on Facebook.

Image via TheGirlEffect

No comments: