Friday, June 19, 2009

Lover: the opening


Kiss today goodbye,
The sweetness and the sorrow.
Wish me luck, the same to you.
But I can't regret
What I did for love, what I did for love.
Look my eyes are dry.
The gift was ours to borrow.
It's as if we always knew,
And I won't forget what I did for love,
What I did for love.
Gone,
Love is never gone.
As we travel on,
Love's what we'll remember.
Kiss today goodbye,
And point me t'ward tomorrow.
We did what we had to do.
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for
Love
What I did for...
Love

A group exhibition themed around love and curated by the buzzy video artist Kate Gilmore and gallerist Candice Madey. With works by Gregory Amenoff, Pedro Barbeito, Daniel Bozhkov, Nancy Bowen, Boyce Cummings, Nancy Davidson, Brock Enright, Franklin Evans, Robert Feintuch, Brian Friedman, Peter Gallo, Jeffrey Gibson, Luis Gispert, Nan Goldin, Trenton Doyle Hancock, Karen Heagle, Jessica Jackson Hutchins, Deborah Kass, Kurt Lightner, Suzanne McClelland, Robert Melee, Daniel Milewski, Christopher Miner, Marilyn Minter, Clifford Owens, Rachel Owens, Alix Pearlstein, Beverly Semmes, Jude Tallichet, Nicole Tschampel, Robyn Winston & Karen Yasinsky.

Curated by Kate Gilmore & Candice Madey

Opening reception: Wednesday, June 24, 6-8pm
On Stellar Rays
133 Orchard St.,
New York, NY 10002
nr. Rivington St.

No comments: