Thursday, July 10, 2008

Q: Doesn't It Feel Good To Pay Less?

A: Hells yes!!

Back in the day I'd get dragged to Payless for the occasional shoe buy (wedding, christening, graduation etc.). Nothing sucked more than being forced to rock a pair of ugly, uncomfortable, stinky pleather shoes for the sake of family and/or family friends because of my growing feet (thank goodness they stopped somewhere between a 7.5 and an 8). However, I've changed my tune since the age a bit.

On a recent trip to Payless; to buy my little cousin a pair of faux Tevas for his trip to Turkish Space Camp (yes, Space Camp + Turkey = ?) a small detour was thrown in the road -- lot number 063392 -- otherwise known as American Eagle's Sweetheart SG wedge in purple.




This sexy little number makes a great summer shoe. It has garnered more compliments than shoes almost five times as expensive. Men on the street who usually compliment areas a lot further north; co-workers and friends known to be loyal to more high end shoes gawked and stared. As soon as a compliment was received I screamed Payless in my sassiest voice. Never in a million years did I think I'd shout Payless with such wild abandon.

I think I had a shoegasm.