Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How Soon is Too Soon?


Hello Ladies. Not too much has gone on since my last post, which is a great thing. But one thing has come up. My mother has already begun to buy baby items. So far this kid has a Guess jean jacket and a pair of Old Navy snow shoes with the fur inside. Granted the shoes are adorable and will definitely come in handy since I am due in November but she also made me think about why haven't I started buying little items here and there. I'm not that far along but I have heard of women who start shopping as soon as they find out they are pregnant. My boyfriend even says that we should start picking up little items here and there. I even talked about it with my bestfriend, but she totally understood and said, "you're just having reservations, that's all." Great choice of words, Mecca. Anyway, I really just think I figured I'd wait until the baby shower and have someone else buy those things. Selfish? Maybe. Guess what, most mothers can't wait 'til the baby shower and all the free stuff.

I went to the internet and found that 3 months really isn't to early to start shopping. I also found that other women have the same reservations. Oddly enough, last night I had a dream that my bestfriend and I were shopping for baby clothes. I took that as a sign that I am ready. So Mecca and I are planning a day to go. Since I still don't know the sex of the baby, unisex clothes it is. Onesies, booties, snow suits, all the good stuff. But I'll still hold out for the baby registry to be showered with free gifts.

Lenox Davis Out.